- Thursday 5th May WI at 7.30pm discussion on resolutions.
- Thursday June 9th at 7.30pm Non Committee members’ meeting.
- Thursday May 12th at 7.00pm Parish Council AGM – Residents welcome. Please note earlier time.
- Wednesday 25th May at 8.30pm 100 club Draw in the Plough.
- SATURDAY JUNE 4TH PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATION (FLYER WITH DETAILS TO BE DISTRIBUTED); BELLS WILL BE RUNG SOMETIME OVER THE WEEKEND.
GENERAL VILLAGE NEWS
- 100 club winners:-March – 1st – Sarah Gallagher no 33; 2nd – Poppy Winter no 29; 3rd Maggie Garrett no 39. April – 1st – Judy Lea no 60; 2nd – Ben Wrighting no 105; 3rd – Sarah Gallagher no 111.
- Fete Committee – a meeting was held in March and the next one is planned for 8th June. Tombola and raffle prizes are now being collected please leave at 35 or 14 Main street.
- Pinfold Repair – The Cheese and Wine evening raised £330 towards this project – well done Dionne and helpers for this enjoyable event.
- Thank you to all who donated Easter Lilies which were used to decorate the Church so beautifully. Also thanks to the energetic band of helpers who helped with the church and churchyard spring clean before Easter.
- The roofers are progressing with the chancel roof repair and the clappers have returned from Taylors so ringing practice will be every 3 or 4 weeks.
- The Church APCM will be held on Monday 23rd May at 7.30pm in the Church.
- University of the 3rd Age – 12 members of the Oakham Branch visited the Church on April 13th; this was their first outing since lockdown and they were very appreciative of their visit which included a short talk about the church and village followed by refreshments.
- Food Bank – as some of the generous donations included Easter eggs an earlier delivery was made in order to be on time. Please continue to leave items in the church or at 14 Main street as many people are needing help.
- Marmalade is back on sale in the Church.