Would you like to contribute to making Caldecott a great place to live? The village needs someone proactive and committed to become part of the forward-thinking Parish Council team as a Parish Councillor.
You must be a resident of Caldecott aged 18 or over, who has lived or worked within 3 miles of Caldecott for over a year. We are seeking someone who can spend – on average – 4 to 6 hours per month on Parish Council activities, including meetings and getting involved with new projects around the village. If you fit the bill, please consider joining us and making a real difference to your community.
We have seven seats on the Council, which meets (currently) on a Thursday evening every other month to consider issues and make decisions. Councillors are volunteers; training is provided and we are supported by the Parish Clerk.
As elected members of the community the Parish Council seeks to represent residents of Caldecott in matters such as:
• Maintenance of the roads, lighting, footpaths and the street scene generally.
• Protecting the unique characteristics of our lovely village and the Welland Valley in which it sits.
• Proposing and implementing initiatives to improve our village environment and amenities.
• Ensuring that our village assets are maintained to best support our community.
• Commenting on planning applications and ensuring that requirements of the area are respected.
Councillors need to be IT competent and have facilities to access emails and documents sent to them electronically.
If you would like to discuss this further, or to apply, please contact Justina Medwell, Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07813 696387 or Andrew MacDermott, Chair at email@example.com.