– April 7th-Thursday – WI at 7.30pm talk on the ‘Pickled Village’; May 5th discussions of Resolutions.
– 27th Wednesday -100 club draw in the Plough at 8.30pm. There are still some numbers for sale – please contact Judy if you are interested.
– A Fete Meeting was held on 23rd March to plan for July 2nd; the band and circus skills man are booked. Various people are to be approached and asked to help. The next planning meeting will be held on Wednesday 8th June at 7.30pm when anybody interested in helping or offering ideas will be welcome to attend. Next month details of items required for stalls or prizes will be published.
– Pancake Race on Shrove Tuesday – this was held at 4pm so that children could take part after school; the 5 who attended took part enthusiastically – winner Teddy McCole. The adult races were won by Jane and Will Kendrick and Hazel Pitt tossed the most pancakes. A good crowd cheered them on and enjoyed the tea in the Hall afterwards-prizes and trophies were presented by Gene Power. Thanks to the WI for organising this event.
– The ‘Murder Mystery’ evening was attended by nearly 40 people and much enjoyed as was the supper provided by the Hall Committee. The Thrapston Amateur Dramatic Society kept us all well confused and entertained; the winners were the Newmans and Davidsons. £300 were raised for Hall Funds.
– Platinum Jubilee Celebrations are planned for the first weekend in June and will be announced next month.
– The roof repair starts shortly; the scaffolding will go up on March 31st and work should start the next week.
– The path should be clear and services can take place but please be aware of works going on. The roof metal will be more vulnerable while the scaffolding is up so residents are asked to be extra vigilant of any suspicious activities.
– Churchyard – mowing has begun and the spring flowers are very cheering-thanks for the care.
– Easter Lilies – please let Mary know -770242- if you wish to contribute; they need to be collected on 8th March so that they can be encouraged to open for Easter. Services are advertised on last month’s yellow leaflets and in Church notice boards.
– April 9th 10 am12 noon – church and churchyard spring clean; please come along and help deal with some forgotten corners. Refreshments will be available.